Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wealth vs. Health

How much is too much? When does it start taking over our lives? When does it stop being good for us?

What's more important to you? Money or your health? I can always argue that for me to live a good healthy life I will need money, I can also look at the other side of the spectrum and say for me to be able to work and make money I need to be healthy both mentally and physicaly. Now we're back again in the beginning....what's more important?

I know most of you reading this will say that they're both equally important but there needs to be a balance for both, and you're all correct. For me personally I think that it all has to start with your health. You need to make sure you have a healthy body and a healthy mind for you to be able to peform your best.

Life as we know it is not as simple as it used to be( well according to our parents and elders ). Now we have TV's in our own rooms, we all have computers and laptops as well! I'm not saying it's a bad thing because I'm guilty of having those things as well. All I'm saying is that we pay a lot more attention into making money that taking care of our health. People are working 2-3 jobs because they need to pay off their debts. Why? because as consumers we like to keep buying the newest out there. The newest 3D Tv, the newest Iphone. Again there's nothing wrong with this, but what's happening is people tend to spend more than they earn and they get into debt and they're back to the same cycle again. Now I know all of us are guilty of this. You're all telling me that it's important to balance both health and wealth.

Where did we go wrong here? We knew the right thing to do, we knew that balance is key to living a healthy life. We can't really blame society either because they're not forcing us to buy all those things, I know a lot of you will say that it's because we're bombarded by product marketing...so what? They're not pointing a gun to your head. We all know we like taking the easy way out and blaming it on other people when things go to the crapper.

I'm going to dedicate this blog on discussing how to live a healthy and more satisfying lifestyle. I'm currently working on a free e-book that will help you become fit and stay fit. Again take advantage of this opportunity because this e-book is free. Sign up on the right side of the page with your e-mail address and confirm your subscription on your e-mail after.

No comments:

Post a Comment